Customer Service Representative ∞ (Red Wing, MN) at 3M
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Red Wing, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Customer Service Representative for the Personal Safety Division located in Red Wing, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Customer Service Representative will….
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Talks with established as well as potential new customers by phone.
- Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on delivery schedules and lead times provided by Customer Service Supervisor.
- Enters orders taken by phone, fax, or mail into computer system.
- Offers resolutions to customer complaints.
- Offers technical assistance to customers.
- Faxes documents to customers as requested (literature, invoices, credit applications, etc.)
- Supports Independent Sales Agents by answering questions and providing product samples.
- Occasionally meets with walk-in customers and demonstrates products using samples and catalog.
- Must have strong computer and keyboarding skills.
- Responsible for ensuring that every effort is taken to maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following the rules, safe work practices and procedures set by the company and by reporting any hazard, accident, injury or near-miss immediately to their supervisor or Lead.
- Take every reasonable precaution under the circumstances to prevent an accident or injury form occurring. Safety is the first priority all everyone. If uncertain about the safety of any task or job assignment, consult with the immediate supervisor.
- Employee Safety Team Members: conduct daily area inspections in an effort to identify to identify hazards and implement corrective actions. Communication employee concerns to leadership. Serve as Safety Champions and lead by example.
The position is based out of the Red Wing, MN location with hours of 9:30am to 6:00pm.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of Customer Service experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have the ability to solve problems and effectively handle customer’s requests
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including multiple Outlook Inbox management
- 3+ years of experience with the QAD program
- Ability to work in a fast paced, progressive environment is required.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
Location: Red Wing, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
For additional Personal Safety Division information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/worker-health-safety-us/safety-equipment/fall-protection-solutions/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.