VP, Group Operations (HCI) - Shelton, CT at Hubbell Incorporated
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
47 E Industrial Park Dr.
Manchester, NH 03109
VP, Group Operations, is responsible for partnering across the enterprise with other operational executives and the VP, Global Enterprise Operations Executive to develop the enterprise-wide strategy and the corresponding group operations execution strategy. Key areas of responsibility within the group include overall manufacturing operations, manufacturing engineering functions and Supply Chain (including Freight and Logistics and Indirect and Direct procurement). Role also assumes responsibility for quality, and continuous improvement through Lean methodology. The Leader will be expected to drive a consistent approach and continuous improvement to quality, safety, service and cost; create capital plans and manage initiative prioritization for the group in support of the Hubbell enterprise operations strategy. The role is a dual direct report to the Group President and the VP, Global Enterprise Operations (2 straight-line reporting relationships).
* Tactical and Strategic Management of factories and warehouses within Group, while coordinating with Business Offices within Group
* Establish & Govern Business Processes within factories and warehouses, following Global Best Practices defined within Hubbell
* Lead and Coordinate within Group and across Hubbell for global manufacturing footprint management
* Develop and deliver continuous improvement in the area of operational excellence aligned to a sustainable business strategy for safety, sales growth, productivity and profit performance in support of the enterprise-wide operations strategy
* Partner with VP, Global Enterprise Operations, Business Leaders and Group Staff to:
* Assess manufacturing operations and develop plan for footprint rationalization execution
* Develop standardized processes, metrics and scorecards for manufacturing and distribution including freight and logistics, procurement, and work in partnership EH&S for safety standards
* Create strategy and execution plans to re-introduce Lean Methodology
* Design work / roles / structure for manufacturing and distribution
* Assess and select necessary talent for available roles
Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Management Responsibilities
* Participate in creation of overall Hubbell supply chain optimization strategy and develop execution plans which includes suppliers, inventory, logistics and warehousing and manufacturing footprint
* Execute the strategy within the group to reinvigorate Lean Process across the enterprise.
* Contribute to the annual strategic and financial plan, setting and executing against budgets and departmental initiatives aligned with organizational goals
* Functional governance over continuous improvement projects within the group to ensure on time, on budget, on quality project performance. Requires ability to manage and mobilize cross functional teams
* Provide mentoring and guidance to subordinates and other employees to drive excellence
* Develop and drive consistent, sustainable high performance along a balanced scorecard of operational KPIs
* Responsible for direct management of all plants within a Group / Business
* Monitor performance of and mentor direct and indirect Operations staff, assisting them in quality recruitment, development of staff, and delivery of results that meet or exceed planned expectations. This responsibility includes leading the change management across group locations on enterprise definition of operations talent and aligning with Group leadership on Operations structure and talent within the groups. This role would provide functional involvement in evaluating new and existing operations talent within the field operating units.
* Provide Strategic direction to Operations Management in alignment with corporate strategy.
* Group Operations Management (including Factories, Warehouses, Maintenance, Supply Chain, Material Planning, Procurement, Freight, Logistics, Lean) reports direct line to Group VP Operations. Similar to the reporting structure of Group VP Operations, Operations Management (including Director/VP Operations or Plant Managers) reports dual direct to Group VP Operations as well as Business Office (VPGM/BUD/BUM).
* Work within the executive team of the group and in partnership with enterprise leadership in the generation of the annual plan budget, including supporting analysis and aligning operations initiatives and budgets to overall company strategy.
* Monitor progress against plan through regular reporting of key performance metrics.
* Ensure operational departments are in full compliance with Group Internal Controls through a documented system of policies, procedures and delegation of authority.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 10 years of management related experience required.
* Strong ability to manage through operational changes in process, environment and resources.
* Keen understanding of lean manufacturing principles and methodologies
* Have a proven track record of leadership and problem solving with customer focus.
* Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize.
* Proven record of team work and matrix management experience
* Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develop/recommend/implement solutions.
* Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
* Ability to present information and data appropriate for intended audience.
* Keen understanding of need for timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
* Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required.
* Proficient Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.