Lean Agile Coach - (Horsham, PA) at NextGen Healthcare
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: HORSHAM, Pennsylvania
NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Lean Agile Coach – (Horsham, PA)
The Lean Agile Coach will provide expertise and mentoring across many of NextGen's Product/Project teams as they transition from the current waterfall/hybrid development methodologies to the new corporate Lean/Agile standards. He/she will work closely with many teams, including Requirements engineers, software engineers, QA/Test personnel, project and program management, to provide the guidance necessary for a successful transition to these new methods & standards.
- Define expected behaviors and approach to work needed from the various project functions in the new lean/agile environment.
- Lead workshops and other knowledge sharing activities imparting knowledge and drawing on their own lean/agile expertise and experiences.
- Develop others to act as local mentors/coaches for more junior project teammates.
- Support the project leadership teams as they produce detailed project task plans for this new style of work.
- Act as the Agile process representative for the specific assigned LAJ Projects
- Works under the direction of the Enterprise Coach to ensure successful adoption of the appropriate LAJ processes, ensure adherence to LAJ process standards
- Identify milestones and expected accomplishments for the lean/agile transition program.
- Report progress, identify bottlenecks and provide general performance metrics to OPX leadership that aids the organization to adjust its lean/agile roll-out.
- Identify creative and innovative solutions to implementation obstacles.
- Self-starter - able to work independently across many different disciplines and projects. Able to identify needs and jump in where needed.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Senior Management and stakeholders.
- Direct, develop and manage Project Development from beginning to end with full scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations for team members and stakeholders.
- An ongoing basis liaise with project stakeholders to build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Plan, track and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Determine frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Estimate resources needed to achieve project goals, including negotiating with other department managers for acquisition of required personnel within company or requesting additional staff if necessary.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel and resolve conflicts within team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the program.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an agile development environment.
- Experience and knowledge in various project methodologies: waterfall, scrum, agile, kanban, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Understanding and experience in a software product development environment.
- Experience in mentoring/leading other members of the software engineering team.
- Knowledge of project management practices in an agile environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels within an enterprise.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- Agile Certification/training, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar Agile credentials. Solid technical skills, various software tools & environments
- Leadership & communication
- Ability to train others in technology and software methodology
- Knowledge of tools for agile development teams and able to train/mentor others in using
- Experience as an agile coach or trainer
- Experience in leading an organization through a waterfall-to-agile transition
- Planning skills, able to define enterprise milestones and goals and produce a plan to achieve
- HealthCare industry experience & knowledge
- Experience with software development process standards, e.g. ISO, CMMI, FDA etc.
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- MS, MBA or equivalent with emphasis in Computer Science or related field
- PMP or similar certification.
- Proven agile coach abilities.
- Management experience.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
See Job Description