Physician Assistant - Hialeah Urgent Care Center. Full Time w/Benefits at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Health Care 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Functions independently within the delegated parameters delineated by their supervising physician. Duties considered as minimal for applicants include: the ability to ascertain a thorough patient history and physical examination, order and interpret radiological and laboratory test results, treat minor injury, make a diagnosis, instruct and counsel patient and family, prescribe medications, order and carry out therapy and management plans, document patient care services within charts and departmental records, and when within their scope of practice perform surgical procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Certified pediatric advanced life support and Basic life support
- Physician Assistant Licensure issued by The State of Florida.
- Level II finger printing background required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing a physical examination; ordering pertinent lab and radiology; obtaining, updating medical records.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary in pertinent deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families.
- Creates and sustains a therapeutic and ethically sound relationship with patients.
- Differentiates between the normal and the abnormal in anatomic, physiological, laboratory findings and other diagnostic data.
- Initiates emergency resuscitation and stabilization as necessary and complies with hospital safety regulations and infection control.
- Manages general medical and surgical conditions to include understanding the indications, contraindications, side effects, interactions and adverse reactions of pharmacologic agents and other relevant treatment modalities.
- Orders, alters, or adjusts controlled and non- controlled medications for in hospital patients.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, quality of care initiatives, and research of special projects.
- Performs procedures as identified in delineation of privileges
- Prescribes non-controlled medication for patients.
- Works effectively with physicians and other health care professionals as a member or leader of a health care team or other professional group.
- Certification by the National Certification Commission of Physician Assistants
- Continuing Medical Education maintained to specifications of AAPA
- Competent bedside manners.
- Dedicated to the needs of the patient including protecting confidential data.
- Thoroughness in completing tasks and documentation.