Lead Flight Coordinator at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Responsible for the coordination of Air Med flights from arranging flight team (pilot, nurse, and other flight staff), monitoring flight en route to destination, and providing assistance when required. Also responsible for supervising Flight Coordinators which includes training, evaluating calls, assessing performance and providing feedback. Keeps up-to-date on necessary continuing education and certifications (NAACS) for Flight Coordinators.
- Must be able to work irregular hours (nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Occasional overtime required
- Must be available on-call 24/7.
- Be able to perform successfully all essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Possess pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced and time sensitive work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides and obtains information for the dispatch of the air transport team and coordinates the flight team in preparation for flight.
- Works with pilot when determining air transports due to weather/environmental conditions.
- Monitors and tracks flights en route to landing destination and coordinates with ground dispatch in the transport of patient(s) to final destination.
- Acts as first line supervisor to Flight Coordinators which requires hiring, training, scheduling, overseeing work, participating in disciplinary decisions and actions, and evaluating appropriate performance standards in accordance with Superior Air Ground Ambulance guidelines.
- Keeps mandatory log of all flights.
- Monitors and assists Flight Coordinators and customers with specialty/critical care calls or situations.
- Trains and re-evaluates Flight Coordinators as needed.
- Conducts post training follow-up of new employees.
- High School diploma or GED with EMD certification; NAACS preferred.
- Must have at least 6 months of ground dispatch experience.
- A combination of education and experience may substitute if there is demonstrated knowledge, ability and skills to perform the work.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Proficiency in the English language necessary in order to communicate effectively and to receive and take information.
- Adapt to frequently changing policies.
- Medical background a plus.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D