Human Resources (HR) Generalist II at First Solar Inc
Posted in Human Resources 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Provides the day-to-day HR support on an assigned crew(s) and/or departments. Supports the HR Manufacturing Team and leads employee relations efforts. Ensures all human resources functions and activities are carried out effectively, efficiently and in accordance with First Solar’s Core Values.
• 3+ years of experience in Human Resources required.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Proven employee relations experience is required.
• Non-union manufacturing experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required, major in human resources or business preferred.
• PHR, SPHR or GPHR certification is preferred.
• Must be detail oriented and consistently accurate.
• Ability to follow up on projects and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Proven computer skills in MS Office and HRIS.
• Strong organizational skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following examples)
• Partnering with associates of an assigned crew(s) and/or departments to provide a one-stop shop for HR support and act as a back up for opposite crew(s) and/or departments.
• Attending one associate meetings on assigned crew(s) and/or departments per week at a minimum.
• Attending one production meeting per week.
• Keeping a pulse on associate morale by actively conducting management by walking around. Communicates associates concerns appropriately.
• Identifying opportunities for training and conduct training where appropriate.
• Conducting the day to day tasks of the following processes:
b. Performance Management.
c. Corrective Actions.
d. Leaves (STD, LTD, FMLA and WC).
e. Termination / Resignation.
f. Changes in associates’ status (including, but not limited to promotions, demotions, etc).
• Organizing and managing the personnel and human resources files, both paper and electronic.
• Participating in and/or leading committees related to associates.
• Recommending improvements to HR processes and systems.
• Assisting with policy interpretation and adherence.
• Assisting with the event planning and implementation for the Perrysburg site, including but not limited to:
a. Planning, coordinating and carrying out new hire orientation process.
b. Completing I-9 forms.
c. Associate pictures.
d. Business Update Meetings.
e. Recognition events.
• Answering benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
• Working with payroll to resolve pay issues and questions raised.
• Performing others duties as assigned.
• Will sit and stand for long periods of time during the day.
• Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
• May lift up to 25 lbs.
• Required to use hands to finger, lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
• May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities are required.
• All associates working at a First Solar manufacturing or R&D facility may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).
ExperienceEmployee Relations, Human Resources, Manufacturing
EducationBachelor of Business Administration: Human Resources Management (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.