Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor (Nights, M-F) at First Solar Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions
Plans and supervises the scheduling of daily work assignments of all maintenance personnel. Responsible for training and developing direct reports and setting objectives. Provides direction to hourly associates, contractors, and vendors to ensure that First Solar’s standards are being met. Responsible for communicating systems and policies direct reports. Responsible for working with the appropriate departments to handle employee relations issues.
• 10 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required
• 5 to 8 years of supervisory experience required
• Bachelors or Associates degree in an engineering, mechanical or electrical field desired
• Electrical and Mechanical knowledge required
• Knowledge of Vacuum Systems or Laser operations desired
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and CMMS experience
• Maximo experience preferred
• Proven organizational and supervisory skills
• Proven knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment
• Excellent communications skills
• Possesses problem-solving skills
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the scheduling of and the daily work assignments of all maintenance personnel. Accomplishes the maintenance planning process.
• Responsible for developing and training maintenance technicians on the job.
• Responsible for handling disciplinary actions with the associates.
• Supervises the on-site service and repair of process equipment and the maintenance of necessary equipment and parts inventory.
• Ensures that all contractors and on-site vendors adhere to all Company Safety Procedures and that they are aware of all Company Safety Procedures and that they so signify by signing the proper documentation.
• Interfaces with other departments, supplier personnel, and offsite vendors.
• Supervises the troubleshooting and servicing of all energy sources on all equipment and is responsible for the preventative maintenance program.
• Manages the timely completion of special projects as required.
• Responsible for effective communication levels and fosters team building.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities for cost savings.
• Oversee and understand the responsibilities of the Maintenance Associates to properly manage the hazardous waste generated from maintenance jobs performed in either building.
• Inform EHS Department of any waste management issues that arise and of any new associates that need to be trained.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Will sit and stand for long periods of time during the day.
• Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
• May lift up to 50 lbs.
• Required to use hands to touch, lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
• May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities are required.
• All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided in the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EducationBachelor of Engineering
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.