Network Domain Architect at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Network Domain Architect
This position is a new role within Webster's Infrastructure department. This VP level position is a critical member of a team of architects who are accountable for driving Webster's Digital Transformation including the utilization of Cloud technologies and Software Defined Solutions. Webster is looking for a forward looking thought leader who can parlay their Network talents into valued solutions. This position will be a member of Webster's Architecture Review Board and will participate in setting the technical direction of technology at Webster Bank.
*Open to remote workers in the Boston and Philadelphia markets
Role responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and architecture for Webster's Network and Telecom services to drive our Digital Transformation.
- Ensure designs drive stability and viability of infrastructure service while governing consistency of design across projects.
- Drive the development of infrastructure architectural standards and roadmaps.
- Analyze, design, and integrate sustainable business enabling technology solutions.
- Prepare project level and/or solution level designs for complex initiatives and solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to project teams to perform design to deployment related activities.
- Coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders on solution development that will drive technical change.
- Support assigned portfolios as the domain's lead \"go to\" contact around project pipeline, innovation and escalation, especially understanding and interpreting business requirements, and translating them into architecture, designs, and technical specifications.
- Assess the viability and feasibility of third party solutions to meet business requirements, and to advise and influence project sponsors and teams on the technical direction.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the domain architecture team to provide technical design guidance that aligns with the enterprise architecture vision and applicable technical standards.
- Recommend improvements to existing data, application, and infrastructure architectures in areas of expertise.
- Facilitate or influence changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance.