Shipping - 1st Shift - Perrysburg, OH at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Job ID: 138404
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking full-time Shipping Workers for the 1st Shift at our Perrysburg, OH location. This position involves preparing glass product for shipment including packaging product into crates and loading trailers. Daily and weekend overtime may be required based upon the production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On/off-loading of glass from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for ten or more hours daily
- Assembling boxes, crates or containers
- Labeling and marking containers and insert lining or padding material to protect items during shipment
- Weighing, measuring, and counting product
- Packing items according to shipping needs or supervisors’ specifications, ensuring that the crates/boxes and packages are accurately packed
- Completing clerical tasks with the ability to use shop floor computer and RF equipment
- Conducting inspections to examine products and make sure they meet our specifications for quality and aren’t damaged
- Keeping shipping area clean
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- A minimum of one year of manufacturing, warehouse, maintenance, or construction experience
- Basic mechanical aptitude & computer skills
- Demonstrated experience with basic hand tools including tape measure, pneumatic tools, cranes and mechanical tools
- Quality inspection is required, prior to packaging materials
- Strong attention to detail
- Above average organizational skills
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment, preferred
- Sufficient manual dexterity to maneuver large sheets of product
- Visual acuity to observe abnormalities within product or packaging materials
- Frequent bending, twisting, walking and reaching
- Physical ability to push, pull, lift, and maneuver up to 75 lbs. on a continuous basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.