Process Improvement Intern at Lincare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Clearwater, Florida
In this position you will have the opportunity to apply your education through practical application of basic Industrial Engineering and Lean principles. As a process improvement intern you will be tasked with activities such as time and motion studies, analysis of data, load balancing, standard work, and presentation of improvement opportunities.
This employee is expected to work 30-40 hours a week.
This employee may be required to work at multiple locations throughout the Tampa FL/St. Petersburg FL area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other tasks may be assigned):
* Performs time and motion studies, analyzes data collected
* Works closely with staff to document processes, building workflows and training materials
* Presents process improvement opportunities to Sr. Management
* Creates and maintains process improvement action plans
* Provides support
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
* Enrolled as an undergraduate student in an Engineering program or recently graduated with an undergraduate degree in Engineering
* Preferred degrees include Industrial Engineering, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing
* Basic knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, formal education, and/or application preferred
* For current students, completion of the following courses is preferred
* Work Analysis, Industrial Statistics and Quality Control, Human Factors
* Must be proficient in Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
* Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be comfortable presenting to groups
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have high school diploma (GED)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans