Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for sterile compounding preparations and under the supervision of the pharmacist in charge, assists with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to Lincare patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of the state's professional standards, and other regulatory entities. The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and assists with the preparation, packing and delivery of products and services to Lincare patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other tasks may be assigned):
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
* Adherence to the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy
* Must possess the ability to work with current technology in the area of pharmacy equipment, medications, and proper pharmacy procedures, demonstrate an in depth knowledge of infusion pharmacy regulations and USP recommendations for procedures and regulations related to the preparation, dispensing, safe use, and storage of compounded sterile preparations
* Maintains cleanliness in the Pharmacy Compounding Area, order in the stockrooms, equipment and pharmacy logs.
* Prepares medications and IV admixtures under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist in accordance with all policies and procedures.
* Coordinates and packages/prepares products and supplies for dispensing in accordance with the delivery ticket and acts as liaison between pharmacy and delivery personnel.
* Assists in inventory control for drug recalls and expired medications.
* Prepares written report of physical inventory of Pharmacy as required.
* Data processing and clerical support as directed.
* Cleans, calibrates and maintains infusion pumps in accordance with Lincare and manufacturer's guidelines.
* Assures separation of clean and contaminated areas in accordance with policy and procedure.
* Maintains inventory levels as established by Center Manager and Pharmacy Manager/PIC.
* Informs supervisor immediately of any issues pertaining to quality.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School Graduate or GED
* graduate of a 2 year college preferred
* at least one year experience in the compounding of intravenous admixtures pursuant to documented training in aseptic technique
* Strong background in support of inventory management and purchasing of products/supplies, preferable
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Knowledge of medical terminology and experience as a hospital pharmacy technician highly desirable
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS -
* Must meet all state board of pharmacy requirements pursuant to the practice of performing sterile compounding by a pharmacy technician
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND EXPOSURE RISK - While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, as well as talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of infusion pharmacy technician there may be routine exposure to blood-borne pathogens and potentially infectious disease while caring for patients. This employee may be required to routinely prepare, administer, or dispose of hazardous medications and waste depending on education and training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans