Reservations Agent at Hei Hotels
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Assist guests during the reservation process.
* Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner using clear, verbal English communication. Listen to callers to understand inquiries and requests. Promptly provide accurate information regarding availability, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotel, rate, etc. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand-specific marketing programs. Assign reservations based on guest preferences and availability.
* Read, retrieve, communicate and verify information including confirmation number to caller. Input and retrieve data using a computer reservation system and utilizing codes for efficiency.
* Answer questions regarding hotel facilities and services, airline partnerships, local attractions, directions, etc.
* Know, understand, and communicate applicable deposit and guarantee policies as requested. Handle complaints in a tactful manner and negotiate resolutions such as alternative accommodations when hotel is sold out.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Can communicate well with guests.
* Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger to collect accurate information.
* Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to input 40 WPM on a computer keyboard with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled