Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
The Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Overnight Manager on Duty supervises hotel operations during the overnight hours. Responsible for the overall safety & security of hotel guests and associates during the overnight hours. Ensure successful completion of the hotel's night audit process. Ensure that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner. From time to time, this role will perform tasks in the capacity of Night Auditor/Guest Service Agent, Luggage Attendant, Housekeeping Attendant, Maintenance, Security, etc. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the overnight staff. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
* Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
* Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand-specific marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out.
*Perform the daily night audit process when needed.
* Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
* Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates.
* Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
*Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
*Respond and handle Housekeeping/Maintenance guest requests and or defects.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
* A minimum of 1 year Front Office/Guest Service experience in hotel environment is required. Previous supervisory experience, and/or experience in Housekeeping, Maintenance, etc. strongly preferred.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled