Assembler at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Assembler I performs a range of routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations, under well-defined instructions and in accordance with company policy and safety procedures.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Performs a range of routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly of small parts or components in accordance with company instructions and procedures
* Reviews shop traveler route card, or uncomplicated schematic drawings to confirm correct sequence of operation
* Position very small parts such as ceramic board, crystals, gages, fine pins, fire wire, solder particles and epoxy under binocular microscope using tweezers or positioning fixtures
* Adjusts, bends, aligns and solders fine wires to resistors and base parts
* Bonds or seals parts or assemblies with epoxies using direct heating elements or ovens and performs a variety of in-process testing
* Demonstrates all safety policies and procedures
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
* Good mechanical aptitude
* Able to operate a variety of hand tools and light machinery
* Capable of performing basic mathematics
* Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedure
* Good manual dexterity required to work with small parts
* Able to problem-solve using existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.