Director, Commercial: USG Contracting at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Simi Valley, California
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Director, Commercial: USG Contracting supports Group governance of US Government contracting activities at all Meggitt companies undertaking USG business. Provides guidance to and ensures that Meggitt businesses conduct USG-related business in accordance with internal and external legislation, policies, rules and regulations while optimizing profit potential.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Responds to SBU/BU requests for assistance and review of bid and proposal packages including:
- Bid Approval Request (BAR) packages
- Certified Cost or Pricing Data (CCoPD) packages
- Commerciality assertion packages
- Data rights assertion packages
* Provides input to SBU/BU on USG proposal negotiations as required
* Responds to SBU/BU requests for general USG support including:
- Interpretation and applicability of USG flowdowns
- Terms and conditions reviews
- Scope of work and design/development questions and reviews
* Supports early engagement with PMs on complex USG related programs
* Supports Meggitt Group Agreement negotiations re: USG impacts
* Supports Commercial USG capability improvement projects and initiatives including the development and implementation of training modules and employee awareness/refresher sessions
* Provides guidance related to work transfer & Low Cost Region (LCR) sourcing activities to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations and policies
* Prepares and implement Meggitt commercial procedures/standard work in support of USG compliance framework
* Drafts, reviews and negotiates commercial documents; providing leadership on very complex issues
* Provides guidance and advice to other functional USG leads (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Programme Management, Procurement, etc.)
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May/will need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary across time zones.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Master's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
* 10+ years of experience in Commercial or contract managements with an emphasis in US Government Contracting
* Knowledge of manufacturing operations preferred
* Extensive experience in US Government (USG) contracting to include:
* In-depth knowledge and applicability of USG rules & regulations, i.e. FAR, DFARS, cost principles, intellectual property and commerciality provisions
* Contract types and applicability
* Experience with certified cost and pricing proposals
* In-depth experience working within both Prime and subcontract environments
* Very strong Commercial expertise
* Excellent persuasion and influencing skills
* Ability to engage, coach, and advise site teams and stakeholders
* Ability to understand business goals and the interrelationship with compliance
* Must have proven record of customer collaboration and focus
* Ability to persevere pursuing results in the face of obstacles
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include the drafting and revision of contracts, terms and conditions, and USG requirements (when applicable)
* Logical problem solving and strong numeric skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.