Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Job Location US-MD-Columbia | US-MA-Boston | US-DC | US-CA-Oakland | US-WA-Seattle
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The Voxco Programmer will perform a variety of programming functions in support of computer-assisted interviewing for telephone, web, and in-person survey interviews. The candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail while also placing high regard on positive work ethic, teamwork, client service, and execution of established processes.
The candidate will be expected to professionally and efficiently coordinate with colleagues regarding programming specifications, client expectations, and other survey related requirements such as call schedule setup and web survey distribution. The candidate will be responsible for the development, quality control, and implementation of electronic surveys for programming. This role requires the ability to perform all programming functions for any project assigned, regardless of complexity, resulting in accurate data collection. The candidate must also be knowledgeable about enhancements to the programs used and be able to respond effectively to the continuous changes associated with the implementation and development of the CATI methodology segment within the Voxco software package.
* Programming computer assisted survey interviews using Voxco, this includes telephone, web, and in-person survey interviews.
* Conduct testing of survey instruments, this includes the development of testing plans with scenarios, reviewing of data, and overseeing staff testing.
* Manage email distribution and web survey reminders on assigned projects.
* Setup and test sample management systems, including applying standard protocols for sample delivery and rules.
* Develop specifications following standard protocol for assigned projects.
* Contribute to the on-going development and improvement of survey programming standards.
* Monitor errors and issues reported, address and/or inform others as appropriate.
* Support data collection staff with issues regarding Voxco and survey instruments. Including troubleshooting found issues and providing technical support to data collection staff.
* Assist with data documentation, sample preparation, sample output, codebook development, reporting, and documentation on survey process.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
* Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) or college work in appropriate field, such as computer science, social science, or a combination of education and experience in a related field
* 2-5 years of related experience.
* Experience in applied research and/or or specific knowledge of survey design a plus.
* Past production support experience and/or sense of urgency in resolving issues required.
* Intermediate to advance programming skills using Voxco to develop telephone, web, and in-person surveys as well as sample management systems.
* Ability to identify trends in support issues or during system testing that indicate programming changes needed to improve data collection systems.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to express technical information to individuals or groups effectively both end-users and non-technical staff.
* Strong computer skills across a Windows environment and Microsoft Office, including Excel.
* Ability to conceptualize and design specifications for a survey to ensure high quality data collection and proper questionnaire flow that limits burden.
* Apply available technologies and basic data collection principles to adapt computer methods to the development and implementation of surveys.
* Knowledge of call center software and operations.
* Excellent customer satisfaction skills, proven ability to work with clients and users.
* Provide Tier 2 support of call center operations including remote-based employees.
* Advanced attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
* Proven logical, critical thinking and analytical skills.