Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
HUMAN-CENTERED DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Job Location US-MD-Columbia | US-DC
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, quality measurement, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, Seattle, Washington and a Bay Area office in Oakland, California. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ Health is seeking a confident, self-motivated, and creative individual to join our team of exceptional people in the Insurance Access & Value Based Care practice area, to contribute to work that impacts the health care of millions of Americans. IMPAQ is seeking a human-centered design associate who demonstrates project management skills in a fast-paced environment, including client communication, and the development and implementation of human-centered design principles in policy tools and content. The human-centered design associate should have a working knowledge of the application of human-centered design principles (including
Human-computer interaction) and excels at translating usability research findings into meaningful content strategy and product development recommendations. The human-centered design associate will support tasks related to IMPAQ Health s work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), including projects at the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ). In addition, the human-centered design associate will be expected to lead and/or contribute to business development opportunities with both private and public contacts.
* Support public health and healthcare organizations in developing easy-to-use policy tools and content that emphasize customer needs
* Keep project teams focused by advocating for users and their goals
* Define product requirements and specifications and adjust as necessary based on client feedback and user feedback and recommendations
* Stay current on UX and usability best practices
* Perform heuristic reviews of digital products and data based on established usability best practices
* Conduct website and database analytics analysis and make specific recommendations based on findings
* Integrate user research findings into product/content development
* Write clear, concise reports (from top-level summaries to detailed technical reports) for delivery to clients
* Work with designers and writers on information architecture, user interaction, and content strategy recommendations
* Conduct usability research with consumers and professionals, including usability testing, card sorting, prototype testing, etc.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
* Master s Degree in computer science, cognitive science, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), human factors, or a related field, with at least 5 to 7 years of full-time related consulting or policy-oriented professional experience.
* Experience leading and delivering on design projects from design strategy through execution.
* A portfolio of work demonstrating human-centered design solutions, and showing your ability to turn ideas into strong and unique creative vision.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, storytelling, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and senior executives.
* Experience with presenting and gathering buy-in on design and product judgment.
* Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously with distributed, collaborative teams.
* Experience writing and presenting high-level editing and writing with limited supervision.
* Exposure developing web-based application with modern tools.
* Exposure to query languages, APIs, and complex data pipelines.
* Experience conducting usability research with diverse audiences, including moderating and creating recommendations
* Experience drafting and finalizing client-facing reports and deliverables
* Familiarity with CMS, the ACA, MACRA, Medicaid, and CHIP is a plus
* Experience developing and executing user research plan
* Experience recruiting users for UX research
* Experience applying different qualitative and quantitative techniques for UX research
* Experience developing user persona and user journey map
* Familiarity with best practices in usability and UX design
* Ability to come up with creative and appropriate solutions
* Strong data visualization and design methods
* Self-motivated achiever who identifies opportunities to drive value and takes the initiative to lead solutions.
* Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills. Includes the ability to produce consistent, high-quality deliverables while meeting tight deadlines.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must. Includes the ability to communicate complex technical material succinctly and accurately, both orally and in writing.
* Excellent people skills with a customer service oriented approach, and a focus on building relationships with the client and project team.
* Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment. Includes the ability to be flexible to meet project priorities.
* Ability to think creatively and work on teams to develop innovative ideas for new and existing clients.
* Ability to apply project management principles to assist the team through each phase of the project.