Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
SAS PROGRAMMER/ HEALTH
Job Location US-MD-Columbia | US-MA-Boston | US-WA-Seattle | US-CA-Oakland | US-DC
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ is seeking a full-time SAS Programmer who is highly proficient in the application of SAS programming to administrative health data. The ideal candidate will participate in all aspects of IMPAQ s current projects. Primary responsibilities include performing a variety of tasks related to data collection, statistical and qualitative data analysis, report writing, and data manipulation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position
* Converting datasets among SAS, STATA, mainframe databases and other formats
* Extracting, recoding, merging, and de-duplicating datasets
* Performing outlier analyses, handling missing data, and creating analysis variables
* Performing statistical analyses
* Creating customized reports of data analysis results
* Creating presentation quality computer generated data listings, summary tables and data collection studies
* Participating in proposal preparation
* Performing other related duties as assigned
* Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative field
Knowledge and Experience
* Highly experienced in writing programming code to produce logic checks, derived datasets, summary tables, and figures for data collected via project work
* 5-10 years SAS experience
* Experience working with health data preferred, with emphasis on administrative claims data.
* Proposal preparation and management experience helpful
* Thorough knowledge of SAS is essential. SAS advanced certification preferred.
* Skilled in all aspects of data processing management
* Excellent organizational skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
Able to learn quickly and work in a team, collaborative environment