Field Mechanic at MYR Group
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Position consists of servicing and repairing MYR equipment and providing support to the construction crews in our Tuscon, AZ project areas. This position is in the field and travel and overtime are required. The first few weeks of the position will require onsite orientation and training in our Phoenix office. This will be a union position so candidates must be willing to join the IBEW.
This position will be responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment. In addition, this individual will be responsible for constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment.
The ability to multitask and identify parts or machines that need new components, or need to be replaced, will be necessary.
MYR equipment to include but not limited to:
* Bucket trucks
* Boom trucks
* Construction equipment
* Digger derricks
* Overhead pullers and tension machines
* Aerial lifts
* Large mobile cranes
* Class 1 to 8 vehicles
* Dozers and other construction equipment
**Successful candidates will have had previous experience and training on the above equipment.
Must understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* 5 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.
* 5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
* 5 years of experience on dirt equipment (backhoes, dozers, etc)
* Experience on aerial equipment (insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes) preferred
* Valid CDL B license (or higher) or willingness to obtain one within 90 days of hire
* Good welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas
* Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
* Good communication and computer skills
* Able to balance large workloads and coordinate mandated inspections
Salary is based on the local union wages. Benefits are provided through the union.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.