Fitness and Wellness Coordinator at Molex Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lisle, Illinois
Molex is seeking an energetic part-time Fitness Center Coordinator to support, promote and encourage employees to live a healthy and active lifestyle within the company. Assist in identifying and meeting the health and fitness needs of employees utilizing Molex s Fitness Center and health resources. To create an environment in which individuals are motivated to maintain participation and improve performance or fitness. This role will ensure exercise programs are safe, effective and enjoyable.
* Provide members a safe and welcoming environment to exercise. Assist in keeping the Fitness Center clean and safe. This includes activities such as Fitness Center equipment cleaning, conducting daily facility walkthroughs, equipment safety checks, etc.
* Design, implement, and lead safe and effective individualized fitness programs within their scope of practice/certification level.
* Under the direction of Fitness Center manager, travel 25% to 50% of the time between Molex sites to teach healthy living and fitness practices to employees.
* Create, design, and coordinate motivational fitness programs. Support the development and implementation of wellness programs.
* Conduct fitness assessments following appropriate industry accepted protocols. Provide new employee fitness orientations including equipment orientations.
* Plan and promote lunch and learns and other educational events that focus on fitness/wellness related topics.
* Facilitate Molex recreational tournaments and leagues.
* Support fitness and wellness events that are supported by Molex (Chase Corporate Challenge, Chicago Marathon, National Start Walking Day, race events, group activities, etc.).
* Stay within scope of practice when providing guidance and offering fitness/wellness services.
* Conduct blood pressure screenings.
* Stay abreast of the latest fitness trends and programs and maintain certifications through continuing education.
* Provide coverage for any of fitness classes as needed.
* Lead by example and be fitness role model.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
* Currently enrolled in BA or BS program or possess Bachelor's degree in exercise science, athletic training, kinesiology or health/wellness field. Other degrees may substitute with 3 years of on-the job experience and/or educational experience is shown.
* Certified by a Nationally Accredited personal training or Group Fitness organization:
* CPR/AED certified or will attain certification within 2 weeks of hire.
* 1+ years in fitness and / or wellness related field.
* 1+ years of experience designing safe and effective individual and group fitness classes for all fitness levels.
* Ability to repetitively bend, squat, lift, and carry 25 pounds
* Possesses valid and current Drivers License
* Flexible availability, early mornings, evenings, and some weekends
* Group Fitness Instructor certification and experience is preferred.
* Nationally accredited personal training certification and/or ACSM Exercise Physiologist certification.
* Knowledge (completed coursework) on basic anatomy and exercise physiology.
* Knowledge of correct usage of fitness music appropriate to class format.
* Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate, e.g., time management, interpersonal skills, team building, trust information, decision making, interaction management, etc., imperative.
* Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Molex, LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran