Compliance Engineer-Design Development at NCI Building Systems
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose:We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
CENTRIA has been leading the way with high performance, highly aesthetic architectural systems and building envelopes for over 100 years. Our comprehensive line of exterior metal building products and services help give a dramatic edge to some of the world's finest commercial, institutional and industrial buildings. We continue to be on the cutting edge of architectural system building technology with our advanced thermal and moisture protection technology.
JOB SUMMARY: This position reports to the Engineering & Design, Engineering Coordinator and is responsible for conducting various tests for new products and existing products to ensure compliance with the latest building codes and the products meet the requirements of specific projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct structural testing for products to ensure compliance with latest buildingcodes.
* Conduct air, water and thermal testing as required to meet code or project specific requirements
* Prepare Product certifications and technical bulletins based on the testing.
* Understand and review fastening requirements and evaluate the best fasteners for the product application.
* Assist with product and design questions form Architects, Designers, Sales Team, Customer Service, Estimating and Detailers.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide structural reviews as needed
* Review and assist with bid package preparation.
* Sales or job site visits as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND INDIVIDUAL TRAITS:
* Must have a structural or civil engineering degree
* Experience with techniques for air, water, thermal and structural testing
* Excellent math and reading skills
* Knowledge of all product applications and limitations.
* Understand both manufacturing process and fabrication techniques of products.
* Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings and the integration of the fa ade to the structure.
* Ability to make presentations using Powerpoint
* Experience using AutoCAD 2014 or 2015
* Experience using AutoCAD Inventor or willing to learn
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast pace working environment
* Must be self-motivated, creative and have the ability to learn and adapt.
* Strong sense of urgency.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.