Equipment Operator 1 - Acid at Universal Pressure Pumping
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Midland, Texas
Equipment Operator 1 - Acid
Midland, TX, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Equipment Operator 1 is responsible for working as one of the crew members assigned to the field in either cementing, acidizing, fracturing, or other, as required. The candidate must demonstrate safe work habits, be able to follow directions and work well as part of a team. Major responsibilities include driving company vehicles and trucks, general maintenance and repair of pumping equipment and attachments and assisting in pumping activities.
This position will work under the direction of the Service Supervisor or other supervisor as applicable.
* Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) policies, rules, practices and guidelines
* Ensure equipment is maintained at a high level of efficiency and readiness
* Conduct proper Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in compliance with Company regulations
* Perform rigging up and rigging down duties, as well as operate and maintain equipment that may include but is not limited to: bulk sand trailers, cement bulk body load units, field bins and semi-trailers
* Safely perform other duties that may include fueling trucks between stages, acting as a fire watch for refueling, serve as gate guard for incoming traffic to customer locations and assisting with the clean-up of the location before, during, and after the job
* Maintain proper DOT logging, to include: accurate and current driver s log reporting; driver s logs turned in daily; accurate mileage and fuel reporting; and complying with all hours of service regulations
* Perform pre-trip inspections and post-trip inspections, such as: proper fluid level checks and service as needed; proper brake inspections and slack adjustments as needed; proper tire inspections; proper working condition of lights; complete documentation and reporting of any defective equipment; inspecting, reporting and maintaining proper documentation of equipment; daily signing off on post trip report, etc.
* Fill out and maintain shipping documents for hazmat transportation, including proper use of placards and labels and securing loads
* Operate and maintain both manual and automatic transmission Company vehicles and trucks
* Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, while wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Able to drive commercial trucks and other vehicles with a manual transmission
* Demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and work independently when required
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field
* Perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary
* Willing and able to operate and maintain assigned equipment in a safe manner while working in all weather conditions during a possible 12+ hour work shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays
* Ability to frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces and occasionally lift or move up to 80 pounds
* Must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations
* This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Have and maintain a valid Class A CDL with manual shift experience, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company s vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines
* Tanker and Hazmat endorsements
* Experience in the oil and gas industry
* Experience in repair and maintenance of heavy equipment
* Prior military service
This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.