Shop Technician at Warrior Rig Technologies US
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Springtown, Texas
Springtown, TX, US
Warrior Rig Technologies US
Warrior is a manufacturer of technically advanced, fully automated pipe handling equipment. We design and manufacture rig components including top drives (both electric and hydraulic), automated tubular tongs (iron roughnecks), drawworks (AC & Hydraulic), and we repair and service our equipment.
The Shop Technician will work in the local remanufacture and service facility and perform a variety of equipment service and maintenance activities. Activities include general equipment maintenance as well as troubleshooting and repair of equipment to include Top Drives, catwalks systems, electric / hydraulic systems and other oilfield related equipment.
This role will work under the direction of the Plant Manager.
* Perform maintenance and repairs on Warrior hydraulic and electric Top Drives
* Perform maintenance and repairs on NOV TDS11SA/SH top drive systems
* Perform maintenance and repairs on Forum catwalk systems
* Complete FIT (Factory Installation Test) with customer in the field
* Troubleshoot and repair electric/hydraulic systems using drawings and schematic
* Perform major overhaul in shop on various types of equipment
* Complete FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) in shop
* Follow defined procedures and processes
* Other duties as assigned
* Mechanical aptitude and ability to read and follow mechanical assembly drawings
* Able to read electrical and hydraulic schematics
* Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair oilfield equipment to include top drives
* Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
* Organizational Skills
* Mechanical Aptitude
* Utilize a computer and software for communication, reporting and data acquisition
* Able to follow safety policies or procedures
* Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
* Able to occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl
* Frequent use a variety of hand and power tools to perform a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
* Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
* Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
* Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
* Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* High school diploma or GED
* One year of mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical experience
* Must have and maintain a valid state-issued driver s license
* Journeyman Mechanic or Electrician certificate
* Rig experience or background is considered an asset
This position requires the person to work in both an office and remanufacture facility environment. The Technician must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. Also must be able to work closely with others and under deadlines including time-sensitive response situations and be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.