Iron Rebuilder at Universal Pressure Pumping
Posted in Other 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Midland, Texas
Midland, TX, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Iron Rebuilder will be responsible for maintaining and rebuilding iron, as well as inspecting and measuring pipe thickness to ensure that safety standards are met. The use of a forklift and company vehicle is common when transporting materials to and from the shop to stock bins and well sites. This is a labor intensive job and requires working in sometimes extreme conditions.
This position will work under the direction of an Iron Inspections Supervisor.
* Rebuild swivel joints and valves, checking for defective or worn-out parts.
* Check the iron parts to determine the level of repair required.
* Perform routine maintenance work, including grinding the hammer burrs off the iron.
* Perform visual inspections.
* Use an overhead hoist to move heavy parts.
* Test wall thickness with sonar testing equipment.
* Apply hydro-static pressure to test the rebuilt iron parts, to ensure parts are working within safe operating standards.
* Perform routine troubleshooting and repair, including replacement, rebuilding, and inspection of high-pressure components.
* Operate a forklift as needed.
* May be assigned to deliver and/or retrieve iron left at well site locations.
* Maintain an orderly, clean and safe iron room work area.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* This position requires the ability to work well in a team environment and independently when necessary.
* This position requires the ability to understand and follow instructions.
* High school diploma or GED certificate.
* Mechanical skill
* Must have a valid driver s license, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI charges.
* Able to work in extreme climate and work conditions
* Able to pass pre-employment drug screen, physical, and required Work Steps Evaluation.
* Willing and available to travel to other work locations as needed.
* Prior related work experience
* Forklift experience
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary. Employee must be willing to work a possible 24-hour shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays, and must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.