Nursing Unit Secretary I - Nursing Oncology Gibson Pavillion at Maine Medical Center
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Portland, Maine
* Position Summary
* This position provides a supportive customer focused introduction to Maine Medical Center. Work includes continuous professional interaction with customers while providing full clinical support. Work performed requires decision making, prioritizing, resource allocation and communication skills. The NUS is an essential member of the Maine Medical Center healthcare team that directs the flow of the unit in conjunction with lead positions to support a safe patient and family centered care environment.
Weekend night shift.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Customer Service Classes
* Medical Terminology /NUS Course (grandfathered)
* 1 year of secretarial experience
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Knowledge of policies and procedures, current initiatives and organizational structure of the unit, Department of Nursing and Maine Medical Center.
* Requires a experience with interpersonal skills and judgment necessary to gather and exchange information with a variety of internal and external customers in order to respond to patients, visitors and staff in a professional manner while possessing a positive attitude, high energy level, and the ability to respond and act quickly.
* Accountability, accuracy, time management, independent thinking. Discretion, judgment and a working knowledge of medical terminology is required.
* Ability to remain impartial while facilitating initial issues, complaints and problems in a high level stress environment.
* Basic working knowledge of all standard office equipment and including operations and multiple computer system applications.
* Including but not limited to phone skills, filing, patient chart maintanence, supply ordering, PC skills and applications and systems, data collection, and varieties of patient charging.
* Ability to perform role in high stress, high volume producing environment with multiple stimuli.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.