Director of Tax at Patterson-UTI Management Services
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Director of Tax
Houston, TX, US
Patterson-UTI Management Services
Patterson-UTI Management Services LLC provides administrative support to other subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.
The Director of Tax is responsible for creating and communicating tax strategy through the business, while ensuring day to day compliance with federal, provincial, local and/or foreign tax laws as interpreted by the Controller. In addition, this role may also carry responsibility for overseeing preparation for filing of federal and provincial income, ad valorem, franchise and other taxes.
This position requires a senior level leadership background with the ability to build strong relationships with business leaders, employees, other tax professionals and stakeholders at all levels. This role will ensure that the company s programs and policies are compliant with regulatory requirements and align with the organizations business goals.
The successful candidate will: set high standards of performance for themselves and others; be professional in written, verbal and personal actions in any situation; seek new knowledge and experiences; have an analytical mindset that can utilize factual data to develop creative and business-oriented solutions; be self- aware and adjust accordingly to different environments and audiences.
This role oversees the tax staff and performs under general direction of the Controller.
* Maintain and manage SOX policies and procedures, structuring transactions, divestitures and other special projects
* Manage implementations of tax planning projects and the integration of target companies into company's tax operations process
* Effectively communicate with company leadership across business functions
* Monitor legislative changes in foreign tax laws that may impact company's tax positions, including tax accounting implications
* Oversee special projects as required (E&P studies, 382 studies, deferred tax analysis, etc.)
* Manage outside tax consultants and advisors
* Lead and/or direct teams on various Tax projects and ensure corporate objectives are achieved
* Lead, manage, develop and direct team members to align goals with business strategy
* Build relationships with employees and stakeholders at all levels focusing on enhancing employee engagement
* Ensure all employment decisions are made in a manner consistent with all Company policies, including the Company s Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Policy
* Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees of all backgrounds feel included and their contributions are valued
* Make decisions in a manner consistent with all Company policies, including the Company s Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Policy
* Promptly address and resolve concerns and disputes among team members, with the goal of building a stronger, more cohesive work group
* Other duties as assigned
* Advanced technical knowledge of GAAP, including financial practices and procedures
* Ability to prepare and maintain tax records, returns, reports, and other related material with the highest level of accuracy
* Ability to work independently under tight deadlines with the appropriate sense of urgency
* Ability to prepare and present initiatives and training programs to management and employees
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with all levels of leadership, employees and peers
* Must be able to coach and influence staff at all levels of the organization
* Proven organizational and project management skills; Skilled at process improvement methods to create efficiencies in the organization
* Flexible and proactive problem solver adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
* Excellent computer skills with the ability to run reports and complete analysis. Experienced in MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills
* Demonstrated success working in a matrix, team-based environment. Is a team player (both as a leader and a member)
* Ability to develop talent in the organization
* Ability to maintain Company and employee confidentiality at all times and handle sensitive employee information and protect Company proprietary information in an appropriate manner
Demonstrated ability in the following leadership competencies:
* Builds and Maintains Effective Relationship
* Develops Self and Others
* Builds Effective Teams
* Courageous Leadership
* Managing Vision and Purpose
* Business Acumen
* Drive for Results
* Customer focus
* Decision Quality
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or related field of study
* 7-10 years of corporate tax experience
* Public accounting experience with national firm tax experience
* ERP systems experience
* Experience at a Sr. Manager or Director Level
Work is primarily in a climate controlled / office environment with minimal safety / health hazard potential. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk with occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending and frequent near vision use for reading and use of computer, telephone and other office equipment
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.