Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Portland, Maine
* Position Summary
* Under supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse and according to established policies and procedures, performs various service duties and routine technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and daily living activities. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by the State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry, having completed a six-week or equivalent course.
* Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to follow oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
* Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
* Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
* Participates in continuing education relative to role as defined.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.