Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Portland, Maine
* Position Summary
* The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
* Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, principles, and processes of professional nursing practice.
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN program within one year with completion attained within five years of hire.
* Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment. Experience with both adult and pediatric population preferred.
* Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
* Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
* In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.