This job listing has expired and the position may no longer be open for hire.

US Trade Specialist at QIAGEN

Posted in Other 30+ days ago.

This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange

Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Maryland

Job Description:

Functional Area: Marketing
Duration: 3-6 months

Position Description

Functional Activities:
- Manage, administer, monitor Trade activity, performance and Trade related cost.
- Support daily Trade functional planning, organizing, and processing required for import export and import Customs clearance and other Federal & State government agencies.
- In general, 70% of day-to-day activity supports the processing of import/export requirements. The remaining 30% related to regional and global Trade support.

Communication & Interaction:
- Primary communication with internal QIAGEN staff. Primary day-to-day contact Supply Chain Planning, Logistics, Quality Systems, and UPS. (UPS SCS-Roermond, UPS SCS-Louisville, UPS Trade Management Services, UPS Brokerage).

General Tasks:
- Maintain QIAGEN Americas import/export documentation.
- Maintain US Government and Import/export Brokerage documentation.
- Monitor and report performance of import/export activity.
- Manage and maintain accurate Trade specific SAP Master Data.
- Monitor and respond to import/export escalations (HS disputes, Customs, CIQ, Brokers, etc.)
- Coordinate import shipment requirements with QIAGEN colleagues and external agents.
- Create and report weekly/monthly Trade activity and related KPI performance metrics.
- Monitor and audit Trade activities to confirm compliance with Government Regulations and QIAGEN corporate policies.
- Manage country specific HTS classifications and other related Import requirements.
- Project support for actions designed to improve Quality and/or Service and/or or Cost.
- Backup support for other Trade activities.

Position Requirements

- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Degree Field: life science, molecular biology, medical science, biomedical, international business, international trade, business administration, or economics.
- Experience: 2-5 years of Life Science and/or International Trade experience.
- Key Skills: Strong problem-solving, written and verbal communications, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizational and customer-service skills; attention to detail; general familiarity with life science and/or molecular biology and/or International Trade functional processes, import/export Trade laws and international Trade issues; familiarity with foreign business interaction.

Personal Requirements

- Ability to work independently as well as to be an active & engaged team participant.
- SAP application experience a plus.
- Foreign Language not required, however Mandarin (speak-read-write) and/or German (speak-read-write) a plus.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.