Global Head of MDx Development Departmental Operations at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Functional Area: Product Management
This role, which is central to the effective global operation of a multi-site product development organization within the Molecular Diagnostics (MDx) Business Area. Across the teams are multiple specialized skillsets, including engineering, software, assay development, with responsibilities to our business ranging from technology scouting/development to full development of clinical products that are cleared by global health authorities for use in patients.
This role supports the department s mission to serve multiple business franchises, including Oncology and Immune Monitoring & Infectious Disease.
The successful candidate will be a person who is a self-starter, who can plan ahead, who can handle multiple competing priorities at times, and who can help organize department functions to aid the Global Head of MDx Development and his global team. These functions may include travel, team meetings, the reporting and tracking of key performance indicators, department budgets, QIAGEN work systems and processes, engagement assessments, and the occasional expense reports. This person thrives on variety and in being on point and ahead of the game when it comes to upcoming deliverables and the planning ahead that is required.
The successful candidate will understand at a high level how human clinical products (diagnostics or pharmaceuticals) are developed and will have had experience in helping to drive operational elements in such a setting. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, may have held a program manager type role at some point, and is relentless in being an achiever.
Key responsibilities/ accountabilities:
Planning, organizing, advancing the organization s needs as required.
- Advanced degree required (MS/ MBA), with PhD preferred
- Previous experience in a departmental operations role is essential
- Ability to read and understand budgets and what is critical are important
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and tracking data is important
- Evidence of strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly in a complex fast-moving organization are key
- Strong time management skills, high energy level, dedicated work ethic
- Think creatively and independently under pressure
- Strong communicator with outstanding verbal and written skills
- Driver and team player with charismatic personality and excellent diplomacy skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.