Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Functional Area: Operations
QIAGEN Bioinformatics is a group of creative, energetic people helping genomics researchers and clinicians understand and interpret Next Generation Sequencing results. Our team of interdisciplinary researchers, scientists and engineers have built flagship systems biology products, Variant Analysis (IVA), Clinical Interpretation (QCI) and services. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for highly motivated and capable bioinformatics /computational biology intern with experience and interest in clinical interpretation.
You would be working in our clinical implementation team and participate in different projects related to implementation and integration of our QCI Interpret product lines.
- Must be working towards a Bioinformatics major with Computer science minor or working toward a Master s or higher degree level in bioinformatics focused on human genetics.
- Your coding skills should include one or more of the following: Perl, Python, HTML and Java.
- Experience with API integration and bioinformatics analysis (sequence data) is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible and creative, and work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and time management abilities.
- Duration Full time 12 to 14 weeks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.