Technical Associate Automated Assembly OPs at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Duration: 7 weeks
The Technical Associate Automated Assembly operations must comprehend and perform assigned automated and manual production tasks according to established standard operating procedures:
- Responsible for Automated and/or Manual production and assembly procedures in compliance with relevant regulations and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Adhere to and accurately complete all production-related documentation.
- Responsible for set up, trouble shooting and operation of automated assembly equipment, as well as other production related equipment within the assembly area.
- Assist in the setup and preparation of required production related materials.
- Contribute to cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to and support department/corporate goals.
- Responsible for ensuring on-going compliance to applicable quality and EHS regulations and standards (e.g., ISO, US FDA, MDD, IVDD, EU-PSHA, OSHA, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of related work experience, or an AA degree with related work experience.
- Understanding of FDA and cGMP regulated production practices is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of job tasks; general to minimal supervision required.
- Able to use general/automated laboratory/production equipment. Strong technical background required.
- Experience with computers and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Able to plan use of equipment, materials, production documents and their own personal time efficiently.
- Able to complete/review production-related documentation accurately.
- Basic mathematical skills are required; understanding of metric volumes and measures is required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- May require work with potentially bio-hazardous and / or chemically hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work safely and effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Must be able to work standing for extended periods of time.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Able to communicate issues and problems to supervisors.
- The work environment is fast-paced and involves the ability to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- No travel required.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong motivation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.