NGS Scientific Expert at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Functional Area: QA/QC
- Build a strong core competency around clonal amplification within the group.
- Define objectives and plan experiments required to meet project milestones.
- Supervise work of research associates on a scientific-level across NGS workflow.
- Establish quality control methods using either qPCR, BioAnalyzer, CE fragment analysis, etc.
- Analyze KPI s (key performance indicators) and TPM s (technical performance measures) to drive continuous process improvement.
- Collaborate with other R&D groups to meet project objectives.
- Deploy GDP (good development practices) methods and SOPs in accordance w/ QIAGEN standards, methodologies and guidelines.
- Maintain project documentations in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- Contribute to development of intellectual property.
- MS/PhD in Biochemistry / Molecular Biology.
- At least 1-2+ years of relevant industry experience (NGS and adjacent technologies).
- Mandatory experience in assay development for DNA analysis (preferably next generation sequencing), qPCR and CE fragment analysis.
- Excellent understanding of the underlying sample preparation chemistries for NGS workflows.
- Strong publication records.
- Very good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic with emphasis on taking initiatives.
- Good and reliable bench skills, pay attention to the details.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.