Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Functional Area: Engineering
- The Technical Associate in strip manufacturing comprehends and performs assigned tasks operating automated/ semi-automated lateral flow equipment and manual production tasks according to established standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance and trouble shooting of manufacturing equipment according to established standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to and accurately complete all production-related documents.
- Assist with the execution of equipment and process validations as well as participate in the product-transfer process.
- Responsible for performing these duties while maintaining compliance with QSR, ISO, OSHA, IVDD, MDD regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work as a team member, and assist other production associates as needed.
- Contribute to and support department/ corporate goals.
- High School Diploma with related work experience.
- Background in lateral flow technologies and principles is desirable.
- Proficiency with lateral flow manufacturing lab equipment is desirable.
- Ability to perform manual and semi-automated tasks.
- Experience with pouching/ heat sealing is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Command of the spoken and written English language is required. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment for decision-making responsibilities. Must be able to analyze situations/issues to determine if additional intervention is necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Person must have manual dexterity for operation of equipment.
- The work environment is fast-paced and involves the ability to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor. The position requires work with potentially biohazardous and/or chemically hazardous materials.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.