Cook at Maine Medical Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
Prepares food for patients, employees, staff, and visitors. Is involved with supervision of kitchen staff, second cooks, set-up of specific work area and maintaining appropriate cleanliness standards.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Knowledge of food production practices normally obtained through completion of 2 year course in Culinary Arts from Vocational Technical School or 2-4 years experience in hospital institution or large volume restaurant.
* Must be capable of operating various institutional production equipment to include: steam jackets, kettles, grinders, blenders, mixers, food choppers, slicers, ovens (all types), bain marie, broilers, stoves, braising skillet, fryalators, cook/chill equipment, clippers, meat cook tank, coffee urns, scales, microwave ovens, etc.
* Knowledge of sanitation, safety, infection control and HACCP procedures.
* Capable of providing guidance and training to second cooks and food service workers
* Ability to stand and walk most of work shift. Lifting and carrying products weighing up to 75 pounds. Work requires reaching, stooping, bending and pushing of equipment and food products while performing duties.
* Knowledge of Peformance Improvement Principles.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.