Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pleasanton, California
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Consulting Engineer Security (SCE) to join our growing team in our new Irvine/LA Office. SCE s perform complex technical design and implementation of security solutions and other technologies common in the Cloud, DC/V, Networking Security, and UC Security Solutions. The ideal teammate would be a passionate, authentic, and results oriented contributor who will join our team to help drive relevance, impact, and loyalty in our customer and manufacturer partner base. This teammate will also have a highly reputable track record of service delivery, engineering innovation, technical excellence, and outstanding customer service.
The Presidio Senior Consulting Engineer Security (SCE) is a customer facing, service delivery, individual contributor position. The teammate who is hired, will be responsible for complex technical design and implementation on projects primarily located in California in the Commercial, Enterprise, SLED and Federal markets.
The SCE works with Presidio Sales and Engineering organizations, customers, and manufacturing partners for the purpose of transforming the customer experience through effective ownership and delivery of Presidio services and solutions to match customer outcomes and success criteria.
The SCE will contribute to project delivery and team success factors: profitability, utilization, on-time, on-budget and client satisfaction. The teammate selected will identify and build additional opportunities by fostering and expanding client relationships, cultivating additional revenue opportunities and collaborating with the sales team(s) to monetize those opportunities.
The SCE must serve as an evangelist, thought-leader and enabler for technologies, solutions, and Presidio both internally and externally.
This is a critical role as Presidio continues to grow a strong solution-oriented sales and professional services business. The SCE reports directly to the Director of Professional Services.
* Follow industry and company defined practices to achieve project success, and customer satisfaction, outcomes and goals.
* Participate in and contribute to service delivery scope(s) of work authorship and reviews.
* Maintain current and relevant levels of technical knowledge, expertise, and certifications
* Maintain high customer satisfaction on all service delivery opportunities and projects.
* Lead Engineer for customer projects including design, testing, implementation, and troubleshooting of Cloud, DC/V and Networking Security and UC Security Solutions
* Network routing/switching configuration and deployment in small, medium and large scale enterprise networking environments
* Provide Cloud, DC/V and Networking Security and UC Security Solutions consulting services, including: assessment, design, implementation and troubleshooting.
* Develop comprehensive graphical and detailed design documentation, and effectively manage the implementation phases at/under budget from design to customer acceptance
* Support project and delivery timelines based on priorities set by the business or customer
* Strong technical skills
* Strong design, implementation, and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent customer service
* Ability and initiative to work collaboratively or independently as a given situation dictates
* Product Portfolio Experience
* Demonstrated expertise and experience with design, implementation and troublshooting
* Palo Alto
* Previous success designing and developing IT solutions within Cloud, DC/V and Networking Security and UC Security Solutions environments
* Demonstrated skill architecting distributed solutions across multiple disciplines
* Strong organizational skills, presentation skills and acute attention to detail
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent inter-personal relationship skills
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
* Ability to adapt and learn new technologies, products and processes with little notice
* Ability to exercise judgment in determining appropriate course of action.
* Manufacturing Partner experience and/or certification
* e.: Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, VMWare, etc.
* Minimum CCNP Security and Routing/Switching
* CCIE preferred (SEC and/or R/S)
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
* Minimum 5 to 7 years of technical hands-on engineering experience, including configuring, analyzing and troubleshooting complex environments
* Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in service delivery, solution engineering, technical troubleshooting, manufacturing partner engagement, and customer service
* Industry certifications such as those from ISC2, ISACA, CISSP, CEH, OCSP/E a strong plus
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Pleasanton, California, United States