Business Development Exec at Gartner, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - As part of Gartner's Digital Markets group, ou r mission is to be the top destination for small businesses making technology purchasing decisions, and to generate the highest quality leads for the software vendors we partner with.
Software Advice, a Gartner company, is an innovative demand generation service for the software industry. Software Advice was just named one of the #TopWorkplaces in Austin by the Austin-American Statesman... again!
About the Job:
We're looking for an energetic, outgoing and optimistic go-getter to join our business development team and to recruit new accounts.
What you'll do:
- Market research. You don't need to be a Software expert to get this job, but you'll have a lot to learn about software markets in your first year.
- Recruit new clients. Within six months you'll be responsible for recruiting 40 new domestic enterprise software vendors each quarter.
- Upsell new services. You'll let our existing clients know about cool new extras like appointment setting and CRM integration.
- Work to onboard new clients. You'll work with our Client Success team to make sure our new software vendors get set up right.
What you'll need:
- Persistence. You're the Rocky Balboa of the business world. You don't know the meaning of the word "quit."
- Unshakable optimism and energy. You are lively and bold, with the kind of personality that comes through easily over the phone.
- Black belt phone skills. You're able to succeed in just about any situation we would encounter on the phone. You can coach others with their technique, too.
- A company-first mentality. You understand what is good for the company and always do the right thing, even when no one on your team is watching.
Who you are:
- An overachiever. You'll take your career to the next level. We'll give you the tools and training you'll need to succeed as you grow as a leader.
- Collaborative worker- You'll work collaboratively among a team of leaders who are just as driven by success as you.
- A natural leader. You'll mentor others and guide them to greatness. Your coaching will play a vital part in the growth and development of others
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You'll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great "perks".
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.- Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job ID 00021613