Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SNYDER, Texas
Kinder Morgan is currently seeking an Operations Technician.
• Support management, O&M Supervisors, and Engineering in improving equipment reliability and efficiency at KM sites in Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado.
• Perform reciprocating compressor/engine performance and health analysis with a Windrock 6320 (or equivalent) analyzer.
• Perform periodic vibration testing on rotating and fixed equipment with CSI 2140 / Windrock 6320 (or equivalent) analyzer.
• Perform additional inspections, including ultrasonic leak detection and infrared thermal imaging analysis.
• Troubleshoot and assist engineering with root cause analysis of rotating and fixed equipment, including piping/mechanical/auxiliary systems. • Provide hands-on support to resolve maintenance-related field problems as they occur.
• Provide start-up assistance and performance verification of new installations. • Provide written reports documenting the findings and recommended corrective actions of all tests and inspections.
• Monitor SCADA data and trends to prioritize inspections, assist in Root Cause Failure Analysis, and support recommended corrective actions.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and periodic review of preventative/predictive maintenance programs to reduce unplanned shutdowns and improve overall equipment availability.
• Interact with a variety of customers, including management, operations and maintenance supervisors, and engineering to improve equipment reliability and efficiency.
Position level will be determined based on the successful candidate's skills and qualifications
Position is located in Snyder, TX with travel to Kinder Morgan sites in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Occasional overtime, and response to after-hours and weekend call-outs.
• Recip-Trap or Windrock reciprocating compressor analysis experience.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Experience with CSI 2140/Windrock 6320 (or equivalent) vibration analyzer.
• Certified Vibration Analyst.
• Certified Reciprocating Compressor Machinery Analyst.
• Experience with PLC and microprocessor-based control systems such as Allen Bradley, Modicon, and Siemens.
• SCADA/iHistorian data acquisition and analysis experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software
• Experience creating work orders in Maximo
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.