Social Worker, MSW at Renown Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
This position is responsible under the supervision of the department manager for providing patients and families with emotional support, advocacy as appropriate, financial information, discharge planning, and social work services. This position also serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the patient/family and provides interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills to expedite recovery and long term care planning. This position requires the ability to advocate on behalf of the client to ensure their connection to necessary resources for their continued success.
This position may be required to work with patients in the community who are at risk of repeat admissions due to lack of connections to services. This position may be required to monitor and ensure the safety of patients who are outside the hospital facility, yet remain under Renown's stewardship.
Nature and Scope:
This position provides psychosocial services to patients, families, and staff to assist in coping with illness and hospitalization. This position also provides educational information and resources that may assist patients/families during and after hospitalization. This position provides clinical and complex discharge planning for patients requiring post acute services.
The incumbent must provide optimal patient care through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of neonatal, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients and families.
The major challenge to this position is the ability to prioritize and assess critical situations while maintaining quality services under stressful conditions.
This position has the authority to review and evaluate each case; establish work priorities; and differentiate between services the hospital can provide and those services, which can be provided more appropriately by the community.
Decisions referred to the manager include department policy, work and time off schedules, serious conflict with hospital staff, budget expenses, administrative policies, or legal matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
1. Knowledge of social work skills, theories, and intervention
2. Ability to make psychosocial assessment and implement treatment plans
3. Ability to complete a thorough discharge planning assessment, determine appropriate level of care for post acute needs, determine length of stay related to patient's condition, and coordinate the implementation of the discharge plan. Requires knowledge and understanding of medical terms.
4. Ability to function in crisis situations, apply independent and mature judgment, and establish priorities
5. Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and to facilitate close working relationships and cooperation within the Health System and community.
6. Ability to interact effectively with persons of differing ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
7. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based upon the physical, motor, sensory, psychosocial, and safety needs and development, to the age of the patient served- infant to geriatric.
8. Skills to assist patients and families in coping with crisis situations
9. Skills and ability to handle responsibilities to the ED and general hospital
10. Knowledge of community resources available to meet the psychosocial needs of patients.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Master's degree in Social Work required.
Requires minimum two years experience in the social service field. Applicants with experience in Healthcare settings will be given preference.
Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Nevada Social Worker license. Requires valid Nevada license as an LSW, LISW, LCSW, LASW or is eligible for licensure in Nevada.
Renown Home Health / Hospice: Valid State of Nevada or California driver's license and ability to pass Renown Health's Department of Motor Vehicles Report criteria and current automobile insurance.
Renown Home Health / Hospice: Current BLS certification by American Heart Association standards required.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.