Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
The Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Nature and Scope:
This position is challenged with providing quick and efficient service while still providing quality food and maintaining a pleasant attitude. The incumbent also is responsible for order taking and cashiering. The incumbent has the authority to satisfy customer requests within the guidelines, and act as necessary to keep the area clean. Decisions that must be referred to the supervisor/manager include what items to serve, any equipment failure, and complaints from customers, scheduling, and any problems with co-workers. In addition, this position is responsible for:
1. Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
* Welcomes and connects with every customer.
* Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
* Customers creates opportunities for customer to interact with the product.
* Responds to customer needs and says thank you to every customer.
* Demonstrates the \'Just Say Yes\' behavior by taking care of customer needs.
2. Provides a quality product consistently for all customers
* Prepares Subway products to standards. Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
* Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
3. Maintains Quality store operations
* Follows store policy and procedures for operational flow at each station.
* Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
* Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a store team member.
* Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication.
4. Contributes to store profitability
* Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
* Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
* Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
5. Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the Sandwich Artist position
* Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately
* Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
* Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
* Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
* Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
* Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY ® Operations Manual .
* Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY ® Operations Manual . * Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
* Completes University of SUBWAY ® courses as directed
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
Previous food sales experience preferred. Point of Sale experience preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.