Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Scientific Research Corporation
Posted in Other 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Information Assurance (IA) of systems accredited to process sensitive national security information. May extend to IA of corporate computers and networks
* Perform weekly audits of accredited computer systems to ensure that technical security controls are operating properly and that all security procedures are being followed correctly
* Audits will include detailed review of both automated event logs and manual log entries to discover potential security problems
* As potential problems occur, the ISSO will perform research to assist in determining if a procedural violation or a security compromise has occurred
* Provide a written audit report to the ISSM for each computer system and will work with the ISSM to limit/prevent compromise of sensitive information and to correct deficiencies in security procedures and/or implementation
* Duties will also include any responsibilities described in section 8-1-04 of DoD 5220.22-M (National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual [NISPOM] Additional duties may include:
* Installation of software and hardware, patch management, troubleshooting operational problems (computer hardware & software), user management (creation/deletion of accounts, resetting passwords), user indoctrination/training (briefing users, making presentations), compliance testing, clearing/sanitizing memory/media, researching computer system/peripheral specifications, preparing security documentation (reports, security plans, system profiles, etc.), vulnerability testing/assessment, maintenance of area access control lists and signage, inspection of secure areas, update of anti-virus software, backup of data and configuration settings, system maintenance, research/use of audit reduction and other security tools, development/improvement of documented security processes/procedures and helping to maintain up-to-date content of the company's internal web pages for information systems security
* Additional security-related duties (e.g., escort of personnel into secure areas) may be assigned as needed
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled