Network Specialist at Buchanan & Edwards
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
At Buchanan & Edwards, in the last two years alone, we've graduated from small business, welcomed new team members through organic and strategic growth and celebrated our 20 th anniversary!
Whether it's through applying big data analytics to protect Americans at home or abroad, engineering cloud solutions that dramatically improve the delivery of citizen services or employing the latest cyber intelligence to increase network security, our innovative solutions help our defense, intelligence and federal customers improve outcomes.
Our people are our foundation for building the next generation of innovative solutions to address the nation's most critical challenges.
If these are characteristics with which you can identify, we would love to hear from you!
About the Project
Our client established a virtual hosting environment, the Distributed Application Virtual Environment (DAVE), utilizing VMware vSphere 5/ESXi 5. Our client began and continues converting physical servers to virtual servers for consolidation onto this platform.
The DAVE environments allow new applications and/or systems to be deployed easily onto a common virtualized infrastructure. Our client intends to use the DAVE environments to host new systems whenever possible. The DAVE project is a key part of the our client's data center strategy. Future data center moves will be accomplished by electronically transferring the system images to a virtual server environment at the offsite data center, rather than moving physical systems.
Top Secret (CI Poly is required)
- Builds and maintains all virtual-hosting equipment, including Dell M1000E/M630, Cisco UCS, and Hitachi UCP compute, SonicWALL firewalls, and F5 load-balancers. Configures all equipment to ensure optimal operations.
- Responsible for software (mostly vSphere-based) installation and monitoring. Responsible for maintaining firmware and BIOS upgrades for all hosting equipment across multiple enclaves and geographic locations.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues such as network and SAN connectivity performance issues.
- Coordinates with Enterprise Networking group to build and support internal vLANs for all hosted projects. Assists team-members in project server network setups and troubleshooting.
- Test and deploy new hosting system hardware and software, security updates, and patches as required.
- 3+ years of VMWare vSphere 5 and 6 operations and maintenance. Certifications are desired but not mandatory.
- 3+ years of use of VMWare tools such as vCenter, vRealize, and ESXi to operate and maintain the virtual environment is preferred.
- 3+ years configuring, operating, and maintaining enterprise compute environments consisting of Del M1000E with M-series blades.
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for interacting with both end-customers and high-level management.
- 1+ years of experience installing and configuring VMWare NSX.
- RedHat Linux or equivalent
- 3+years administrating Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Understanding of Active Directory, SQL Server, and DNS
- Cisco UCS and Hitachi UCP experience
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.