Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, California
At JLL we are always looking for great talent in San Mateo and San Jose, CA. The description listed below is for a position we will recruit for in the near future, and is not a current need. If you are a fit for this position, we will contact you as soon as we begin actively recruiting for it.
If you would like to stay up to date on positions at JLL, please join our Talent Network.
The GM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building personnel (e.g., Chief Engineer and engineering staff, Property Administrator, etc.).
The General Manager will manage properties as directed by the property owners and in accordance with the standards and procedures of JLL. The General Manager (GM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. As the lead professional, the GM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. The GM is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans of an operating and capital budget. The GM provides excellent communication (both written and verbal) to both building owners and tenants to ensure an ongoing, successful relationship.
* Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
* Assist in completing the Management Audit.
* Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Assist in managing tenant option rights and information.
* Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
* Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services.
* Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
* Oversees completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual owner s reports.
* Prepare and/or review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required.
* Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes.) Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
* Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) in Westmont, IL to manage the accounting process and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process.
* Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process.
* Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledge coding and property allocations.
* Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on status of office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
* Prepares and/or reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the Group Manager.
CLIENT | TENANT SERVICES
* Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement and of leased premises as dictated by lessee's agreement.
* Maintains role as a secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests.
* Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis.
* Oversees Tenant Guide for property and services.
* Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
* Develop and implement a tenant retention program.
* Cross-sells all Jones Lang LaSalle services.
* Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of general manager. Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.
* Develops training program and career path for property employees.
* Assures succession planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associates or Bachelor degree required and advanced degree, a plus.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
* Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people; specifically a staff of three (3) or more.
* Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* LEED AP/Accreditation required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active accreditation once earned.
* Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active license once earned.
* CPM and/or RPA designation, desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.)
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
* MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, late fees, and volume.
* REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
In compliance with The American s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the General Manager s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply:
* Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
* The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
* Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
* Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.