Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Oversees the daily operation of the campus building management and HVAC system(s). Applicant must have working knowledge and firm grasp of building automation logic with the ability to read/program code, identify functional problems with pressures/temperatures, valves and actuators and repair/install new equipment on an as-needed basis. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of HVAC automation systems supplied by multiple manufacturers (Siemens, Phoenix, ALC etc).
* Oversees operation, repair and P.M. of building automation controls and valves directly relating to HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. systems.
* Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, HVAC VAV controls, refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and puts corrective actions in place
* Ensures that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Prioritizes all PM s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily).
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Completes all assigned JLL and Client required training and complies with the established training standards at all times.
* Has prior safety training such as NFPA 70e and OSHA10.
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Reviews and submits purchase requisitions completed for the facility.
* Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
* Experience in working with industrial chillers, air handlers, cooling towers, and freezers.
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment is a plus.
* Capable of operating BMS and CMMS systems
* Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
* Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
* Able to work on roofs of buildings
* Completion of written documentation is required.
* Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
* The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
Minimum Required Education / Experience
* Minimum of a high school diploma. College/Technical Degree preferred.
* Holds a trade license (Electrical, HVACR, etc) preferred.
* Multi-discipline individuals preferred.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must
* 3-5+ years of experience in bio medical facility with extensive controls experience.
* Knowledge of Siemens Apogee, Andover, Automated Logic and Phoenix hardware and controls preferred.
* Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, DataStream, etc.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org