Chief Engineer at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Carlos, California
TITLE: CHIEF ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT: Operations / Maintenance
REPORTS: Facility Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Executes the daily maintenance, operation and repair of the Site mechanical and electrical systems, whether the work is self-performed by JLL staff or by a qualified JLL-managed supplier. Includes scheduling and planning the work and resource allocation necessary to installation, repair, and maintain all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. This requires a high level of technical expertise in multiple craft areas and a working knowledge in all others. The individual in this role must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required. .
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS
* Oversees and performs repair and P.M. of HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing, structure and other building systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing, structure and other building systems.
* Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the Base Building and Critical Support Systems and Components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency situations.
* Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
* Will work with the Facility Manager to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed. Monitors operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility s critical operations. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of the various systems, determine the cause of any problem / malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
* Confers/communicates with work order requesters.
* Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and to ensure the work schedule takes account of the downtime windows negotiated with clients, where necessary.
* Communicates delays to JLL senior management and if appropriate, to the customer, in a timely manner.
* Responsible for defining the scope of work, managing service delivery that is consistent with the scope, safety requirements, quality standards and cost expectations, including signing off on completed work prior to releasing payment.
* Supervises team members and monitor performance of their assigned responsibilities. Insure that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Prioritize all PM s, corrective and emergency work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily). Schedules and assigns work to individuals with the assistance of the work order clerk or Planner / Scheduler, taking into account the requirements of the work to be performed and the capabilities of the person or supplier being assigned to perform the work.
* Develop a multi-skilled team as part of the work planning process.
* Interfaces with projects and is responsible to ensure the right resources from the Operations Team are assigned and that our involvement is efficient.
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
* Identifies and remediate s all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Completes all assigned Client required training.
* OSHA 10-Hour or OSHA 30 outreach card preferred
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements
* Insures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Four years of trade schooling in HVAC/R.
* Required licensed High Pressure Steam Black Seal and Refrigeration Universal Cert.
* Experience - 15+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance.
* Experience 15+ years of Pharmaceutical maintenance.
* Experience 10+ years of experience working in Vivariums.
* Experience 10+ years working in GXP/GLP environment.
* Special knowledge and skills HVAC/R, Boilers, piping/plumbing systems, mechanical systems, chiller and electrical systems engineering and operations.
* Can effectively lead/facilitate team meetings.
* Possesses conflict resolution skills.
* Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Sound personal characteristics, including good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
* Ability to lead by example. Managing competing priorities.
* Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data. Customer/Consumer Interface ability to effectively deal with customer/consumer complaints.
* Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, DataStream, etc.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org