Maintenance Mechanic at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
The Maintenance Mechanic supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Assists MES Mobile Engineers in maintenance and repair efforts, as well as independently performing defined tasks. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
* Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
* General interior maintenance hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
* Minor plumbing repairs
* Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
* This position requires the employee to be on call for after-hours emergencies.
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed.
* Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Mechanic role.
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license.
* Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of one (3) years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
* Must have ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, and possess mechanical and electrical aptitude.
* Position requires frequent climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, and driving.
* Position requires excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
* Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
* Successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently or in a team environment.
* Must pass background, drug/alcohol, and MVR screening process.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org