Mobile Engineer at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: BROOKLYN, New York
* Mobile Engineer must be willing to be a member of the IUOE, Local Union 94 in New York.
* Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and production equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy.
* Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences.
* Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems.
* Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations, Material Handling Equipment) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
* Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.-
* Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds, and production equipment as it pertains to assigned buildings.
* Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities.
* This to include building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related equipment.
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
* Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
* Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
* Practice Defensive Driving at all times
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license
* Submit P-card Receipts Daily- Update work order status in real time
* Utilize CMMS systems in 360 for all work performed.
* Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
* Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a timely manner-
* Attend work and safety meetings as required
* Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* 3rd Party Certification preferred
Years of relevant experience
* Minimum of four (7) years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in the technical aspects of packaged HVAC, plumbing, electrical, production equipment repair and maintenance.
* Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
* Strong Customer Service skills
* Strong Interpersonal skills
* HVAC technicians must have a Universal CFC recovery certification (or within 90 days of employment)
* High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel, preferred
* Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in electrical systems, refrigeration and HVAC, plumbing or other craft skills, preferred
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS-
Physical Work Requirements
* Lifting up to 80 lbs.
* Working from heights.
* Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
* Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
* Driving for long periods of time.
* Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
* Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.
* Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org