Manager, Projects at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
* Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction and project closeout.
* Manage projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
* Proficient at managing projects up to 25k RSF. May assume responsibility up to 55k RSF.
* Oversees capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources, with minimal oversight.
* Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs.
* Manage project budgets and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
* Responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners objectives which may include, but is not limited to: site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly
* Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. (Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers, transaction managers and vendors).
* Maintains client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
* Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
* Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
* Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
* Identifies and addresses areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager or Project Lead.
* Assists in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
* Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
3+ years as PM or similar role.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Firm knowledge of construction, architecture or commercial real estate industry.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
* Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and basic knowledge of MS Project.
* Ability to multi-task working within a team structure and independently.
* Assumes complete responsibility for assignments of moderate complexity, and continues to aggressively improve skill base.
CERTIFICATION PMP is preferable
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS
* Position may work primarily at client site or project location with potential daily contractor interaction.
* Position may require to travel.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com