Mental Health Worker II at Resources For Human Development
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Requisition Number: IA002-MHWRL-S-06-2018-02
Job Title: Mental Health Worker II
Minimum Degree Required: D - Graduate Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Salary Range: 45,000-55,000
The function of the Mental Health Professional is to provide clinical services to consumers. The Mental Health Professional job responsibilities include assessment, mental status exams, crisis intervention, treatment planning, and provision of therapeutic interventions.
The RHD Waterloo ACT program will have an office in Waterloo, Iowa, and a service territory of approximately 30 mile radius from the Cedar Rapids office. The clinician in this position is a mobile clinician and expected to deliver services to individuals throughout the service territory as scheduled. This position will also support the operation of the program on a rotating on-call, evening, and weekend schedule.
Essential Duties and Functions
* Provide services at times and locations convenient to clients.
* Provide on-call, after-hour support to clients as scheduled.
* Provide face-to-face services in the client s home, in public places, wherever necessary.
* Ensure clients have access to and utilize the ACT after-hours on-call staff for emergencies or after-hour support.
* Utilize Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Stages of Change techniques to engage and provide treatment to clients.
* Provide clinical treatment for mental health and substance abuse/dependence, incorporating recovery-based, client-centered treatment approaches and harm reduction strategies.
* Utilize evidence-based interventions and therapeutic techniques to address consumer s mental health symptoms and coping skills.
* Assume lead roles with designated clients. Develop, coordinate, and implement treatment, rehabilitation, and support services for these cases.
* Provide relapse prevention training and on-going education as outlined in the treatment plan of clients.
* Develop treatment plans, early intervention plans, and recovery action plans with clients.
* Assist with medication monitoring of self-administration and medication education.
* Perform crisis intervention.
* Provide direct assistance with family of clients in areas such as in-home family education and relationship building.
* Provide transportation assistance to consumers; including public transportation or use of private vehicle. Assist clients in becoming transportation independent.
* Provide assertive outreach when necessary to engage clients.
* Assure continuity of care when client is in the hospital, jail, respite, etc.
* Actively participate in the engagement of new clients into the ACT program many of whom are transitioning from a residential, or inpatient acute level of care.
* Engage in collateral consultation and service coordination planning meetings.
* Submit accurate and on-time chart documentation and reports.
* Submit accurate and on-time mileage reimbursement documentation.
* Document telephone and face-to-face contacts with consumers on program progress notes (due the next day after face-to-face contact).
* Document all collateral contacts and community-based activities.
* Complete a monthly statistical summary on primary consumers and submit by the first of each month.
* Perform monthly self-audits of all documentation to ensure accuracy.
* Maintain up-to-date consumer charts, statistical forms; and other information and documentation as required.
* A Master s degree in Social Work or Counseling
* Iowa licensure required (LMSW, LISW, LMHC or related field).
* The ability to make ethical clinical decisions in demanding situations
* The ability to interact professionally with clients, their families and other professionals
* Organizational skills; ability to complete documentation timely and accurately
* Experience required: 3 yrs
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.