Grinder at Matthews International
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Indiana
Auto req ID
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
Summary: Grinds cap, and or tub preparing unit for finishing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Rough grind weld and epoxy.
* Polish the weld and epoxy, ensuring no grinding marks are visible.
* Examines area to ensure no pin holes in the weld or epoxy.
* Move lids to grind all areas.
* Move tubs onto and off of grinding tables rotating tables as needed for the best grinding angle.
* Belt sand round corner tubs.
* Repair any damage or pin holes before the unit's moves into the next process.
* Place bumpers onto tubs and move them towards inspection station.
* Remove lids from line and place them by inspection station
* Be an active participant in lean manufacturing.
* Attends group meetings periodically to learn new or modified tasks.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma, or general education degree(GED)
* Ability to read and use commercial English, grammar, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled